hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem running Hbase & Katta together on EC2
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:45:20 GMT
Yair,

Unless you are either using a very old or very new version of
zookeeper, it should be ok since they don't change their RPC. The ZK
shipped with HBase only has addons to make it easier to start a quorum
peer without a zoo.cfg

Those exceptions are very generic, they only mean that the processes
are unable to connect to your quorum.

While developing HBase to work with ZK I found that it's very easy to
run out of client connections. Try setting maxClientCnxns to 0 or add
machines to the quorum. That's a limit on a socket level so all
processes on a same machine share it.

J-D

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Yair
Even-Zohar<yaire@audiencescience.com> wrote:
> Hbase runs perfectly well as long as it manages zookeeper Katta runs
> well on EC2
>
>
>
> However, when running katta (which is based on internal zookeeper
> management) I'm getting some zookeeper errors from Hbase (below):
>
>
>
> Looking at the errors, it seems that hbase is not familiar with Katta's
> zookeeper so I tried to use the same zookeeper jar but got the same
> errors.
>
> I found hbase -1311 and 1315 that are related but that's supposed to be
> resolved.
>
>
>
> Has anybody seen this behavior?
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> -Yair
>
>
>
>
>
> For the master I get:
>
> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,584 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper: Initiating
> client connection, host=domU-12-31-39-01-A4-52.compute-1.internal:2181
> sessionTimeout=60000 watcher=Thread[Thread-0,5,main]
>
> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,586 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn:
> zookeeper.disableAutoWatchReset is false
>
> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,593 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Attempting
> connection to server
> domU-12-31-39-01-A4-52.compute-1.internal/10.255.171.160:2181
>
> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,599 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception
> closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@d05c13
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>
>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:574)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:885)
>
> 2009-09-01 06:14:30,600 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
> exception during shutdown input
>
> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:638)
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:951)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>
>
>
>
>
> For the regionServers I get:
>
> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,454 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Exception
> closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.SelectionKeyImpl@a613f8
>
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>
>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:574)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:885)
>
> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,459 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
> exception during shutdown input
>
> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownInput(SocketChannelImpl.java:638)
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownInput(SocketAdaptor.java:360)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:951)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>
> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,460 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Ignoring
> exception during shutdown output
>
> java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.shutdownOutput(SocketChannelImpl.java:649)
>
>        at
> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.shutdownOutput(SocketAdaptor.java:368)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.cleanup(ClientCnxn.java:956)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:922)
>
> 2009-09-01 06:12:34,572 WARN
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to set
> watcher on ZNode /hbase/master
>
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
> KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
>
>        at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
>
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:649)
>
>
>
>

Mime
View raw message