hbase-user mailing list archives

From Keith Thomas <keith.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Mapreduce dameons?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:52:20 GMT

I have had a great time working through the awesome Hbase 0.20.0 client api
as I write my first web app with data persisted by HBase on HDFS. However
the time has come to write my first map/reduce job for use by the web app.

Until now I've been starting HBase with 'start-hbase.sh' but I see that in
these instructions,

http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/current/api/overview-summary.html#runandconfirm
that I now need to start "the mapreduce daemons". I'm not clear what this
means (this is entirely because I am a newbie).

Does this mean I need to move away from the standalone HBase mode I've been
working in and now bring up Hadoop as well? Or maybe this means I can keep
working in standalone mode and just execute another script in addition to
'start-hbase.sh'? I'm afraid I just don't know.

Any pointers offered would be brilliant.