hbase-user mailing list archives

From Schubert Zhang <zson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase-0.20.0 Performance Evaluation
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:02:40 GMT
stack and J-G, Thank you very much for your helpful comment.

But now, we find such a critical issue for random reads.
I use sequentical-writes to insert 5GB of data in our HBase table from
empty, and ~30 regions are generated. Then the random-reads takes about 30
minutes to complete. And then, I run the sequentical-writes again. Thus,
another version of each cell are inserted, thus ~60 regions are generated.
But, we I ran the random-reads again to this table, it always take long time
(more than 2 hours).

I check the heap usage and other metrics, does not find the reason.

Bellow is the status of one region server:
request=0.0, regions=13, stores=13, storefiles=14, storefileIndexSize=2,
memstoreSize=0, usedHeap=1126, maxHeap=1991, blockCacheSize=338001080,
blockCacheFree=79686056, blockCacheCount=5014, blockCacheHitRatio=55

Schubert