hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Oba <kyle...@gmail.com>
Subject Scanner Performance Question / Observation
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:01:56 GMT
Hey folks,

I have a question (possibly naive) about a scans performance.

My scan is taking about 6 seconds to do the following:

470 rows extracted
total size of all rows together is about 1.4 megs

I'm using a InclusiveStopRow filter to limit rows which are being
extracted by the scanner.  The problem for me is that I will soon be
scanning 30x this amount of data soon, and 6x30 seconds will be quite
a hit.

We're already planning to jump to HBase v0.20 soon.  But, wanted to
see if folks thought the 6 second timing on this scan was reasonable,
or horribly off.

Thanks.

Kyle