hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong <huongn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:46:42 GMT
Thank you very much.
I deleted everything and configured hadoop.tmp.dir property in
hadoop-site.xml as follow
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/home/huongntn/hadoop-${user.name}</value>
  <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
</property>

After that, I formated namenode and start-all. When I restarted my computer
and typed the command "start-all", hadoop work smoothly. I start hbase by
command "./bin/start-hbase.sh" and "./hbase shell"

Now  I can't see my database in hbase shell (by command "list") although I
can see it in Hadoop site manager,

2009/8/21 Amandeep Khurana <amansk@gmail.com>

> 1. If you have formatted your namenode before starting the first time,
> thats
> all thats needed.
>
> 2. To start from scratch, delete everything thats there in the directory
> where you are pointing your hdfs to; format namenode again; start all
>
> 3. If it still doesnt work, look at the namenode logs to see whats
> happening. Post it here if you cant figure it out.
>

> Amandeep Khurana
> Computer Science Graduate Student
> University of California, Santa Cruz
>

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong
> <huongngtn@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > >You dont need to format the namenode everytime.. Just bin/start-all.sh
> >
> > Really? Just bin/start-all.sh, namnode is not started (when I type
> command
> > "jps", there are only 5 processes
> > 3421 SecondaryNameNode
> > 3492 JobTracker
> > 3582 TaskTracker
> > 4031 Jps
> > 3325 DataNode, there isn't Namenode process)
> > and certainly, the page http://localhost:50070 is died and connection
> from
> > Hbase to hadoop is died, too
> >

> > 2009/8/21 Amandeep Khurana <amansk@gmail.com>

> > > directory
> command
> and
> > my
> > > >

> > > You dont need to format the namenode everytime.. Just bin/start-all.sh

> > configured

> > > store

> org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.create(ChecksumFileSystem.java:358)
> > > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.setVersion(FSUtils.java:141)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:210)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
> > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:96)
> > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:78)
> > > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1013)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster:
> > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.create(ChecksumFileSystem.java:358)
> > > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.setVersion(FSUtils.java:141)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:210)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
> > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:96)
> > > > > >

> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:78)
> > > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1013)
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)

> the
If
> its
> comes