hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong <huongn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:46:28 GMT
How can I configure the location of the hbase directory? I configured
hbase-site.xml as follow:

<property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///temp/hbase-${user.name}/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
    E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
    </description>
  </property>

and the log file is
Not starting HMaster because:
java.io.IOException: Mkdirs failed to create file:/temp/hbase-huongntn/hbase
at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumFileSystem.create(ChecksumFileSystem.java:358)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.create(FileSystem.java:487)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.create(FileSystem.java:468)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.create(FileSystem.java:375)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.create(FileSystem.java:367)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.setVersion(FSUtils.java:141)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:210)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:96)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.LocalHBaseCluster.<init>(LocalHBaseCluster.java:78)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1013)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
2009-08-21 13:35:24,163 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Can
not start master

--
Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Hương