hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Getting all the different timestamp values for a column
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:00:25 GMT
You have to be using 0.20.0 RC2 to do the below.  The below also presumes
that each value has a different timestamp; i.e. you don't expect to add
multiple values against same timestamp.

// Presumes you already have a table instance named 'table'.
Scan scan = new Scan(Bytes.toBytes("ID1:ID2"));
scan.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("family_name"),
Bytes.toBytes("qualifier_term"));
scan.setTimeStamp(ts); // This gets all from the timestamp and older.  Use
setTimeRange if you want to set a range.
// Optionally, if you want to cap versions returned, see setMaxVersions.
ResultScanner scanner = table.getScanner(scan);

The above is how I'd do it.  Elegance is a tag I'm rarely associated with so
there may be a better way...

Hopefuly this helps
St.Ack