hbase-user mailing list archives

From Greg Cottman <greg.cott...@quest.com>
Subject Public HBase data store?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:13:23 GMT
Hi all,

I need to do some scalability testing of an HBase query tool.  We have just started using
HBase and sadly do not have an existing database against which to test.  Things we are interested
in exploring is the difference between using an index table strategy versus map/reduce queries
without indexes.

I realise this is a long shot and that queries are very data-dependent, but...  Are there
any publicly accessible HBase stores or reference sites against which you can run test queries?

Or does everyone just create a 10 billion row test environment on their local development
box?  :-)

Cheers,
Greg.