hbase-user mailing list archives

From Haijun Cao <haijun...@ymail.com>
Subject stargate performance evaluation
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 21:04:16 GMT
I am evaluating the performance of stargate (which btw, is a
great contrib to hbase, thanks!). The evaluation program is mostly a simple
modification to the existing PerformanceEvaluation program, just replace java
client with stargate client and get value as protobuf.

All of the software (hadoop, zookeeper, hbase, jetty) are
installed on one box. The data set is small, therefore all data are served out
of memory.

For random read test, with java client (the existing PE
program), I can get 19K/s, with stargate client,  I can only get 3-4k/s.
In both case, pe program run with 100 threads. Increasing number of threads
does not seem to help (even hurt the throughput).

I am just wondering if this is expected ( I can’t figure out
in theory why the throughput drop)? Any idea of possible optimization/configuration change
to increase the throughput?

Thanks!

Haijun Cao