hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase 0.20.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 15:13:29 GMT
This is indeed an omission, it has to be fixed before official release.

Also please don't dual post, your message "The problem with hbase0.20
“Getting Started” tutorial" is a copy paste.

J-D

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM, lei wang<nutchmaillist@gmail.com> wrote:
> The hadoop 0.20.X move hadoop-dite.xml to core-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml,
> etc.
> The tutorial claims in requirement :This version of HBase will only
> run on Hadoop
> 0.20.x <http://hadoop.apache.org/core/releases.html>.
> But in the “Fully-Distributed Operation” chapter,the tutorial still
> mentions:
>
>   - Add a pointer to your HADOOP_CONF_DIR to CLASSPATH in hbase-env.sh
>   - Add a copy of hadoop-site.xml to ${HBASE_HOME}/conf, or
>   - If only a small set of HDFS client configurations, add them to
>   hbase-site.xml
>
>  where is hadoop-site.xml ?
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Jonathan Gray <jlist@streamy.com> wrote:
>
>> It is now part of contrib.  Look in src/contrib/transactional
>>

>> Yair Even-Zohar wrote:
>>
>>> 1) The link is broken. Only the first part is needed:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Estack/hbase-0.20.0-candidate-1/>
>>> 2) I was just looking for the tableIndexed. It seems like the package is