hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: anyone with experience in hbase 0.20 realtime application?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:31:16 GMT
We need some records from database every time our application gets a
request.
The data does not change frequently. That is why we are reading it from
HBase on the application startup and caching it in memory so that we don't
have to go to HBase every single time. These are relatively smaller tables
and can be held in memory very easily.

Important point to note here is that we would have done that even if we were
using RDBMS. As there is  no point in going to DB/HBase if you have
relatively stable data that needs to be read from smaller tables every
single time.

We are on 0.20 but not the release candidate version. We built the trunk on
23rd of July ourselves.

If you have relatively larger data that needs to be read frequently, I would
recommend using memcached.

Regards,
Vaibhav