hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Puranik <vpura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: anyone with experience in hbase 0.20 realtime application?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:48:35 GMT
We are using HBase 0.20 (Trunk version at 23rd July evening) in production
environment at GumGum.

Our experience is very good. Initially I mistakenly forgot to add caching
(even though we had planned for it) and every request was fetching two rows
from Hbase and inserting one row in HBase.
In spite of that our request processing time was less than 300 ms.

We are not getting huge amounts of requests - we approximately get 25,000 to
30,000 requests to our web app backed by HBase every day.

We have a 4 node cluster running on EC2 (Large instances) and so far we
haven't faced any production problem.
(Hope it works out that way all the time!)

Regards,
Vaibhav Puranik,
GumGum

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Fabio Kaminski <fabiokaminski@mobly.com.br