hbase-user mailing list archives

From llpind <sonny_h...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase in a real world application
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:55:28 GMT

Hey Stack,  I tried the following command:

hadoop-0.20.0/bin/hadoop jar hbase-0.20.0/hbase-0.20.0-test.jar  randomWrite
10

running a map/reduce job, it failed with the following exceptions in each
node:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
region server Some server for region , row '0001753186', but failed after 11
attempts.
Exceptions:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException: region offline:
TestTable,0001749889,1250092414985
[...]

	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionLocationForRowWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:995)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.processBatchOfRows(HConnectionManager.java:1025)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:584)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:450)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$RandomWriteTest.testRow(PerformanceEvaluation.java:497)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$Test.test(PerformanceEvaluation.java:406)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation.runOneClient(PerformanceEvaluation.java:627)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PerformanceEvaluation$EvaluationMapTask.map(PerformanceEvaluation.java:194)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:50)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:356)

This appears to be this issue:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1603

Has this been fixed in .20?  Thanks.