hbase-user mailing list archives

From llpind <sonny_h...@hotmail.com>
Subject HBase in a real world application
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:21:21 GMT

As some of you know, I've been playing with HBase on/off for the past few
months.

I'd like your take on some cluster setup/configuration setting that you’ve
found successful.  Also, any other thoughts on how I can persuade usage of
HBase.

Assume:  Working with ~2 TB of data.  A few very tall tables. Hadoop/HBase
0.20.0.

1.	What specs should a master box have (speed, HD, RAM)?  Should Slave boxes
be different?
2.	Recommended size of cluster?  I realize this depends on what
load/performance requirements we have, but I’d like to know your thoughts
based on #1 specs.
3.	Should zookeeper quorums run on different boxes than regionservers?

Basically if you could give some example cluster configurations with the
amount of data your working with that would be a lot of help (or point me to
a place were this has been discussed for .20).  Currently I don’t have the
funds to play around with a lot of boxes, but I hope to soon.  :)  Thanks.