hbase-user mailing list archives

From zsongbo <zson...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slides about some case studies of hbase table schema design
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:07:19 GMT
Hi Qingyuan(Evan),

In the slides, Case 5: access log, you use <time><INC_COUNTER> as the
rowkey.

I think there is a problem: Since the accesslog events are generated by time
sequence, the rowkey will be in Ascending sequence. Then when we insert/load
the accesslog into HBase, there will be only one/the last Tablet are busy.
Thus, the load is not balance.

It may be diffcult to design the schema of HBase for accesslog, because it
depend the applications very much.

RowKey=<userid><time> may be a choice.

Schubert Zhang