hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: HBase schema design
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 05:13:31 GMT
As to your suggestion, how do I complete following codes?
or any better codes would be great!

HTable table = new HTable(config, "user");
Get g = new Get(Bytes.toBytes("U1"));
Result r = table.get(g);

for loop---     //I don't know how many articles the user have.
   byte [] t = r.getValue(Bytes.toBytes("chapter"), Bytes.toBytes("?"));
//t1
   byte [] c = r.getValue(Bytes.toBytes("chapter"), Bytes.toBytes("?"));
//c1
   byte [] d = r.getValue(Bytes.toBytes("chapter"), Bytes.toBytes("?"));
//d1
end loop---

Thank you very much

Fleming
宏明

                      Ninad Raut

                      <hbase.user.ninad        To:      hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org

                      @gmail.com>              cc:      (bcc: Y_823910/TSMC)

                                               Subject: Re: HBase schema design

                      2009/07/31 11:48

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      hbase-user

create user as your row key. then create a columnFamily called chapter. For
each column entry store a json string which will contain  title,content and
creation date. Using google's gson marsheller to convert your POJO object
JSON string.
 U1  chapter:{t1,c1,d1},chapter:{t2,c2,d2}... etc...
let me know if it helps.

2009/7/31 <y_823910@tsmc.com>

> Hi there,
>
> If I want to save my user's articles, I want to know how to create HBase
> schema.
>
> key value   title      content     create_date
> U1           t1          c1             d1
> U1           t2          c2             d2
> U1           t3          c3             d3
>
> After the user sign in,I want to show the user's(U1) article
> title(t1,t2,t3)
> Sorry, I am not familiar with Column-Oriented design. I really want to
know
> the
> correct way to design HBase schema.
> Any suggestion would be appreciated!
>
> Fleming
> 宏明

>                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
>  This email communication (and any attachments) is proprietary
information
>  for the sole use of its
>  intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by
anyone
>  other than the intended
>  recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient,
>  please notify the sender by
>  replying to this email, and then delete this email and any copies of it
>  immediately. Thank you.

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended