hbase-user mailing list archives

From y_823...@tsmc.com
Subject NullPointerException (0.20 alpha)
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 00:29:35 GMT

Hi there,

I tried to put my data to HBASE(hbase-0.20.0-alpha) with 3PCs,
one master, two region servers.
It seems ok to put my first 1 million record of data,
but regions crashed while putting my second table's data(3 million)
(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException).
I tried to restart zookeeper and hbase, then tried to view its status from
webpage and hbase shell.
It all showed NullPointerException.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Fleming

Hbase Shell error

INFO zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Quorum servers: convera:2181
NativeException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Webpage error

HTTP ERROR: 500
INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
RequestURI=/master.jsp

Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Writables.getWritable(Writables.java:74)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Writables.getHRegionInfo(Writables.java:118)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers$1.processRow(HConnectionManager.java:355)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:63)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(MetaScanner.java:28)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.listTables(HConnectionManager.java:366)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.listTables(HBaseAdmin.java:129)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.generated.master.master_jsp._jspService(master_jsp.java:125)
      at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:363)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
      at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:533)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:207)
      at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:403)
      at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
      at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:522)

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its
 other than the intended
 please notify the sender by