hbase-user mailing list archives

From Angus He <angu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Many NotServingRegionException exceptions when inserting data to HBase
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 03:32:53 GMT
Hi Ninad,

Thanks for your comments.

We have already committed 3G memory to each of the region servers.
And the following texts are excerpted from hbase-env.sh in our cluster.

# The java implementation to use.  Java 1.6 required.
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

# The maximum amount of heap to use, in MB. Default is 1000.
export HBASE_HEAPSIZE=3000

# Extra Java runtime options.  Empty by default.
export HBASE_OPTS="-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode
-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps
-Xloggc:/opt/hbase/logs/gc-hbase.log"

--
Regards
Angus