hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: MapReduce newbie questions
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:44:23 GMT
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Michael Hauck <michael.hauck@maxviva.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> > First, I recommend upgrading to the latest HBase 0.19 release, 0.19.3.
> >
> Do i have to migrate/convert/import the data ?

No.

Just ensure you replace all of your old instances because mistakenly changed
the IPC version number between 0.19.0 and 0.19.3.  If you don't upgrade all,
you'll run into connection issues because old can't communicate with the
new.

> > There's an example in TIFB docs:
> >

> http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.3/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapred/TableInputFormatBase.html
> >
> The are the inputColumns in this example only the family names or do
> they have to be fully qualified?

Not sure I understand the question.  Fully-qualified will work and you
probably want to use these rather than family only.  Regexes might work for
column names too.  Check the code.

St.Ack