hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: delete all rows in table
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 05:50:12 GMT
You could do that but would probably take some time.  Or you could truncate
the table via the shell.  This does disable, drop, recreate in 0.19.x.  In
TRUNK, it does disable, drop, major compaction of .META. table, and then
recreate (there is a known issue around dropping a big table.  A workaround
is to run major compaction on the .META. table.  In 0.19.x, you can do this
from the shell by doing 'major_compact ".META."').  Be warned that if your
table is big, users report our enable/disable is a flakey.  You might have
to do it a few times to ensure all regions disabled before delete will
succeed (fix coming...).

St.Ack