hbase-user mailing list archives

From bharath vissapragada <bhara...@students.iiit.ac.in>
Subject TableNotDisabled Exception
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:18:22 GMT
Hi all,

I Have run a java program and it created  a table named "users" . I have
made some modifications to the code and i want to run it again . So i tried
to delete the existing table using "hbase shell" . When i tried to issue the
command "drop 'users'"  it said "Disable the table first".. Then i issued
"disable 'users'" and successfully deleted the table .. From the next time
when i try to run the code it gives the following error ...

Can someone tell me the fix for it ... its kinda urgent .. thanks

*******************ERROR*************************************
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotDisabledException: users
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.ColumnOperation.processScanItem(ColumnOperation.java:46)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TableOperation$ProcessTableOperation.call(TableOperation.java:105)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TableOperation$ProcessTableOperation.call(TableOperation.java:70)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.RetryableMetaOperation.doWithRetries(RetryableMetaOperation.java:64)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TableOperation.process(TableOperation.java:143)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.addColumn(HMaster.java:671)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:632)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:912)