hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ken Weiner <...@gumgum.com>
Subject Re: Latest trunk - client throwing org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Timed out trying to locate root region
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:29:29 GMT
 I work with Vaibhav.  Being new to HBase/ZK integration, it took us a while
to figure this out.  I wonder if a message can be logged in ZookeeperWrapper
when this happens so we know it has to do with ZK:

  private HServerAddress readAddress(String znode, Watcher watcher) {
    try {
      return readAddressOrThrow(znode, watcher);
    } catch (IOException e) {
      // Add a WARNING message here saying "not able to reach Zookeeper at
znode" + znode
      return null;
    }
  }