hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@audiencescience.com>
Subject hbase / hadoop 020 compatability error
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:52:57 GMT
I'm getting the following error "mapreduce.reduce.class is incompatible
with reduce compatability mode

" when using:

import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputFormat;

and setting the reducer output format as

conf.setClass("mapred.output.format.class", TableOutputFormat.class,
OutputFormat.class);

I could not use the new OutputFormat in mapreduce lib because when I
used

import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.OutputFormat;

hadoop complained that TableOutputFormat is not OutputFormat.

After looking at the TableOutputFormat I understand that it extends the
old mapred lib org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputFormat and not the new
mapreduce lib.  Is there any hidden consequence if I change the code to
the new package? Is that done on purpose or just due to negligence?

Thanks

-Yair