hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject Re: A question about MapReduce job extracts recent data from HBase/Bigtable
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 19:11:09 GMT
The row key is (website,stamp) so the table is GROUP BY website and then
ORDER BY stamp.  If you'd want to just get recent data, you'd do some
kind of row filter server-side so you were only returned clicks from the
range you specified for that particular MR job.

Does that make sense?  Do you think it's more complex than that?  They
are grouping by the website, not strictly ordering by the stamp, so
there's no way to prevent a full table scan (server-side), you can use
filters to prevent all the unnecessary data from moving back to the
client/job.

JG