hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject Re: hbase/zookeeper
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:50:39 GMT
IMO, you can fit those things into 6.5G without a problem.  Of course,
the more you give it the better your performance.

However, medium instances have only 2 cores... That's going to be a
problem.  Under heavy load (especially in an upload/import situation)
you will starve threads in at least one of these processes... At a
minimum, you really want a core each for DN, ZK, RS and then your
requirements for your MR tasks would depend on the nature of them.  If
they are at all CPU intensive, then you need to be sure to dedicate
sufficient resources to them.

In general, we recommend XL instances because they are quad core.
Otherwise you will likely run into issues with this many processes on
two cores.

JG