hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hegner, Travis" <THeg...@trilliumit.com>
Subject Pass a Delete or a Put
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:14:47 GMT
Hi All,

I am getting the "Pass a Delete or a Put" exception from my reducer tasks (TableOutputFormat.java:96),
even though I am actually passing a put...

                        for(int i = 0; i < idList.size(); i++) {
                                Put thisput = new Put(key.toString().getBytes());
                                thisput.add("Positions".getBytes(), idList.get(i).toString().getBytes(),
posList.get(i).toString().getBytes());
                                context.write(key, thisput);
                        }

Is there anything wrong with this section of code from my reduce()?

I have also tried casting the value with:

context.write(key, (Put)thisput);

Any Ideas?

Travis Hegner
http://www.travishegner.com/

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended only for the
use of the named recipient.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, you should know that
you are bound to confidentiality, and should please immediately notify the sender or our IT
Department at  866.459.4599.