hbase-user mailing list archives

From schnitzi <mark.schnitz...@fastsearch.com>
Subject Filtering by timestamp in map/reduce
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:50:59 GMT

I am writing a map/reduce process that takes an HBase table as input, but I
need to filter the column values based on their values at a given timestamp.
So I was hoping I could just create a row filter to do this, then pass it in
via TableInputFormatBase#setRowFilter.  However, it appears that none of the
provided filter classes (which implement ColumnValueFilter) filter by a
timestamped value.  Nor does it seem to be possible to even write my own -
none of the methods provided gives me a way to get at the timestamped value.

So, is there an alternate way to achieve this?