hbase-user mailing list archives

From Travis Hegner <theg...@trilliumit.com>
Subject File System Upgrade...
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:40:17 GMT
Hi All,

I just updated to the latest trunk and it is asking for a file system upgrade. When I try
to run "bin/hbase migrate upgrade" it refuses because I need to major_compact all of the tables.
Unfortunately I can't get into the shell to major_compact my table because the hmaster will
not start, because it wants the file system to be upgraded.

Is there any way around this chicken/egg problem?

Thanks,

Travis Hegner
http://www.travishegner.com/
The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended only for the
use of the named recipient. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or copying is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, you should know that
you are bound to confidentiality, and should please immediately notify the sender or our IT
Department at 866.459.4599.