hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xine Jar <xineja...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem in running the BulkImport example
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:36:55 GMT
Hallo,
I have a cluster of four machines running hadoop-0.19.1 and hbase-0.19.3.
I am interested to write a program where the map function reads from the
hbase.

I was able to compile and run the simple Java example MyClient from the
"HBASE 0.19.3 API" document.
Now I tried the example BulkImport which is very close to my need, I was
able to compile it but got and error
when running it.

*For running it I did the following *
 -I have created a testfile containing four strings "row1  10
mytable:column1  value1" separated with tabs
 -I have copied the testfile to the dfs.
 -Using the hbase shell, I have created a table called "mytable" with the
family column "column1"
 -I run the program: *bin/hbase BulkImport testfile mytable
*
*Error I got  *

09/07/31 13:20:54 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
attempt_200907311137_0008_m_000000_2, Status : FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BulkImport$InnerMap
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:752)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getMapperClass(JobConf.java:690)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.configure(MapRunner.java:34)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:58)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:83)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
BulkImport$InnerMap
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:720)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:744)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: BulkImport$InnerMap
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClassByName(Configuration.java:673)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:718)
        ... 7 more

The InnerMap is the map class, how come it does not find it? Did I miss sth?

Thank you guys, with your help we can proceed,
CJ