hbase-user mailing list archives

From "John I. Noecker Jr." <jnoec...@proteuseng.com>
Subject RE: HBase Error
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 14:20:11 GMT
Managed to work it out.  Once I had hbase-site.xml in the Hadoop conf/
directory, I just had to restart hbase AND hadoop to get things working.
I had restarted hadoop but it seems hbase was not running.  My mistake,
sorry.

Thanks for your help, St.Ack!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: John I. Noecker Jr. [mailto:jnoecker@proteuseng.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 9:51 AM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: HBase Error

I have tried adding hbase-site.xml to the HADOOP_CLASSPATH in
hadoop-env.sh on each of the nodes, and have also tried putting
hbase-site.xml into the Hadoop conf/ directory, but I still get that
they are trying (unsuccessfully) to connect to localhost, rather than
elroy.  Using HBase from the shell works fine.

John