hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Failing on Large Loads
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:29:30 GMT
Since you are on a 2-4 cpu system, you need to use:

"-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode"

What do your gc verbose log say?  are you getting huge pauses?

you can up the ZK, try doing this in zoo.conf server and client:

tickTime=20000
initLimit=5
syncLimit=2

and in hbase-site.xml:
<property>
<name>zookeeper.session.timeout</name>
<value>60000</value>
</property>

This will give you a much higher zookeeper time out.

Let us know!