hbase-user mailing list archives

From Erik Holstad <erikhols...@gmail.com>
Subject Uses cases for checkAndSave?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:34:40 GMT
Hi!
I'm working on putting checkAndSave back into 0.20 and just want to check
with the people that are using it how they are using it
so that I can make it as good as possible for these users.

Since the API has changed from earlier versions there are some things that
one need to think about.
For now in the new API there are now Updates, just Put and Delete, so for
now I need to know if users used to delete in the old batchUpdate
or just put?

The new return format Result might seem like a good way to send in the data
to be used as "actual", but there is no super easy way to build that
on the client side for now, so would be good to know how you are doing this.
If you do a get, save the result and then use it for the check or if you
just create new structures on the client?

Regards Erik