hbase-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Praczyk <piotr.prac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for the rows
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:05:52 GMT
Thank you :-)

Am I right, or using those filters have the drawback of applying them to all
the rows following a necessary one instead of stopping the entire process ?
If I have some small number of rows with given prefix, near the beginning of
a region, will the filters make the MR task scan through all the remaining
records and execute the filter methods over their data ? [If so, I should
probably use it combined with a final row set to the following prefix ?,
which would make the MR process iterate over at most one incorrect row .. ]
(Just to be clear - I want to pack this data into TableSplit object)

cheers
Piotr