hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.resea...@gmail.com>
Subject Again, HBase Data Lost!!
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 13:21:02 GMT
Hi there,

I had a hbase data lost couple of days ago due to the crash of HBase. At
that time i asked on the list and was told that it may be due to the lost of
META data on the master ( not flushed into disk during crash ). Just several
days after, this happened to me again, this time all the data is gone, while
all the tables are still there.  This time is on a 10-node hbase cluster.

I checked the log but did not find anything strange. Could anybody shed a
light on this? Given such stability, i really worried whether we can use it
in production phase.

Best,
Arber