hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Again, HBase Data Lost!!
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 15:56:41 GMT
Arber,

>From your email I have a hard time understanding exactly what happened
on your cluster. But, before asking any question, I have to say that I
never saw data just "disappearing" like this on the production cluster
I've been managing for the last year.

So, what happened? Did you lose the region server holding .META or
-ROOT-? Was it after an importing job and all nodes crashed right
away? If any crash, do you know why it happened?

Giving us those details (and more) will help us solve your problem.
You can also drop by the hbase IRC channel, there's always people
there happy to take a look at your logs and debugging goes much
faster.

Thx,

J-D