hbase-user mailing list archives

From mike anderson <saidthero...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing output class type
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:25:10 GMT
This is probably a straightforward question, but I've banging my head
against the wall with no results.

I've been working off of the RowCounter example as well as this great blog
post http://www.larsgeorge.com/2009/05/hbase-mapreduce-101-part-i.html, but
all to no avail.

What I'd like to do is change the output type from the map function within a
Class that implements TableMap. I tried changing the types in the template
for OutputCollector to Text and IntWritable (I also set the corresponding
class in the initTableMapJob() method), but this threw compiler errors (see
below). Do I need to write my own TableMap Interface?

As a secondary question, what is the default 'key' passed to the map method
from TableMap? The output from IdentityTableMap is something like "31 2e 66
69 72...", which appears to have no significant meaning, ascii character
translation or otherwise.

Thanks in advance for any help, links to other online references would be
very welcome (especially examples)!

compiler error:
IdentityMapTwo.java:42: org.myorg.IdentityMapTwo.MyMapper is not abstract
and does not override abstract method
in org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper
  static class MyMapper