hbase-user mailing list archives

From llpind <sonny_h...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Scanner exceptions in .20
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:49:20 GMT

Tried it like this:

Scan linkScan = new Scan (Bytes.toBytes(e + "|"), Bytes.toBytes(e + "|A"));
  linkScan.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes("type"), Bytes.toBytes("ELECTRONICS"));
  ResultScanner scanner = tblEntity.getScanner(linkScan);

 for (Result linkRowResult : scanner ) {
    String row = Bytes.toString(linkRowResult.getRow());
 }

Same exception.  I would like to mentioned there is an outter loop around
the block of code above changing variable 'e' to something else.   Also, I
checked the type:ELECTRONICS column, and it isn't that sparse.  As you can
imagine an electronics department has a lot of items in it (in relation to
other departments), but a given item (row. e.g. Samsung blah) is sparse.
Meaning given all the filters it may be sparse dataset.  If it's becuase its
sparse, why would it work when i dont use addColumn, but use addFamily
instead?