hbase-user mailing list archives

From schnitzi <mark.schnitz...@fastsearch.com>
Subject Re: ColumnValueFilter issue
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 05:50:21 GMT

Isn't it always the way?  As soon as you post a question to a forum, you
figure out the answer...

For the benefit of future generations, the first 'columns' parameter to
getScanner(...) needs to include the column you are comparing on, if you're
using a ColumnValueFilter.  I thought you would only need to include the
columns you were subsequently interested in seeing in the results.

It would be nice to see an exception generated for this, instead of just no
results...