hbase-user mailing list archives

From Fred Zappert <fzapp...@gmail.com>
Subject Are there any single points of failure in a HBase configuration
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:53:08 GMT
Hi,

We're considering HBase for a customer-facing SaaS.  I saw some references
to Master instance, and failure/failover scenarios on this list.

We would be running this across at least two data centers in different
cities or sates.

Which leads to the following questions:

1. Are there any single points of failure in an HBase configuration.

2: What would be the impact of one data center being down?

3: What would be the recovery time and procedure to restore normal operation
on a new master?

There are approximately 4M transactions/day

Thanks,

Fred.