hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Billy Pearson" <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>
Subject Re: Decommission of nodes
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 17:44:07 GMT
the decommissioning process in hadoop takes a little while I thank there the
balancing bandwidth has a lot to do with it.
but to stop region server you should be able to run
bin/hbase-daemon.sh stop regionserver
on the server you want to stop the hbase as long as it not the master then
you can do this on a live cluster.
as each goes down they will tell the master by closing the regions and
releasing its leases and the master will start to redeploy the regions to
other servers.

Billy

"Mat Hofschen" <hofschen@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:d2b99530905270754p566be51n8dc468f9d1d2384b@mail.gmail.com...