hbase-user mailing list archives

From <Brian.Lev...@nokia.com>
Subject Scanning over rows including all cell versions
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 16:35:24 GMT
Hi all,

I want to be able to create a Scanner that returns RowResults that include some (or all) versions
of each column.  It seems that Scanner is limited in that it returns RowResults that include
only the latest versions.  Is there a reason for this limitation.  Is there a recommended
way of working around this?

For example, I could use the Scanner simply to iterate over the rows and then call Htable.getRow()
on each row to retrieve all cell versions for each row.  However, I assume there'd be a significant
performance penalty for doing something like this.

Thanks.

-brian