hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)" <Jim.Keller...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Hbase
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 15:20:41 GMT
Questions such as these are better asked on the HBase user mailing list. See http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/mailing_lists.html
for how to subscribe. There is also an IRC channel on irc.freenode.net the channel's name
is #hbase By asking questions on the list or in IRC, you are not dependent on a single person
for an answer (for example, I was out of town unexpectedly for three weeks with limited email
access).

However to answer your question, HQL was removed quite some time ago and replaced with a jruby
shell.
I had thought we had removed all references to HQL from the wiki some time ago. If you could
point us to the page you saw it on and how you found the page, we can clean it up.

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

From: Burcu Hamamcioglu [mailto:Burcu.Hamamcioglu@tikle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:48 AM
To: jimk@apache.org; Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)
Subject: Hbase

Hi Jim,
I have 2 questions about hbase. In one of your documents I've seen that you can open the HQL
window( just only for selecting data from tables). How can I open this web UI? From which
port default?

My second question is about getting know Hbase. I am a newbie on hbase and really confused
understanding  it's data modelling. Is there any way or book that you can suggest me about
Hbase data modelling? How can I achieve Hbase ?

Sorry if bothering you with this email.

Thanks in advance

Burcu Hamamcıoğlu [cid:image001.gif@01C9D923.CBA08FF0] <http://www.tikle.com/>

[cid:image002.gif@01C9D923.CBA08FF0] +90.212.285 1214 / 306