hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase 0.19.2 - Large import results in heavily unbalanced hadoop DFS
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 17:30:41 GMT
Hi Alexandra,

Yes, a HBase release 0.19 is compatible with Hadoop 0.19 with no other guarantees, and a HBase
0.20 release is compatible with Hadoop 0.20, and so on.

It is hard to say without actually trying a recompile and deployment if HBase 0.19.2 would
have any trouble on Hadoop trunk. I would not recommend running Hadoop trunk in production.
But, if you are going to do something like that, then I'd be happy to help you get over any
initial hurdle regarding compile problems or similar. Let me know.

Best regards,

   - Andy

________________________________
From: Alexandra Alecu <alexandra.alecu@gmail.com>
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:16:16 AM
Subject: Re: Hbase 0.19.2 - Large import results in heavily unbalanced hadoop DFS

Hi,

Many thanks to all for your answers. Your help is much appreciated.

Andy, you were right, fs.trash.interval didn't help.However, on a second run
I was lucky enough that the overload got distributed over 2 of my 4
datanodes and it didn't result into an error during the import.

I was looking at this patch and I see it is suitable for Hadoop 0.21.0. I am
worried that if I install 0.21.0 it won't be compatible with the HBase
version, 0.19.2 ( I am trying to stick to the stable versions until I learn
my way around).

Did some digging regarding the Hadoop / HBase versioning. Is it still the
case that they are kept in line as specified in
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ#19.

Best regards,
Alexandra.