hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Administration tool for HBase
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 08:05:18 GMT
Please consider enabling debug logs:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ#5

Also if you are having a problem with a process going down, please do 'kill
-QUIT <pid>" to get a stack dump into the .out file.  This helps us diagnose
your problem.

Until http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4379 is fixed, kill -9 of
a regionserver will lose data.  We are putting in extra logfile closes in
0.20, but you stand to risk up to ~60mbish of edits if you are under a heavy
write load.

People _are_ working on HADOOP-4379 as we speak.