hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xinan Wu <wuxi...@gmail.com>
Subject trunk code, RetriesExhaustedException
Date Sat, 30 May 2009 02:11:28 GMT
Hi,

I started to experiment hbase-0.20 trunk code today and imported about
6GB data using native JAVA API. I occationally get
RetriesExhaustedException exception during importing and it's usually
fixable by restarting everything and resume importing from where it
stopped last time. But now I am in a state that I can reproduce this
exception repeatably, even after I completely restart hbase master and
hdfs master (!)....

After fresh new start, in hbase shell, i can scan '-ROOT-' and
'.META.', but retrieving value (get) from any other table results
RetriesExhaustedException exception:

NativeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to
contact region server null for region , row '2', but failed after 5
attempts.
Exceptions:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: myTable
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: myTable
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: myTable
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: myTable
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: myTable

        from org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HConnectionManager.java:922:in
`getRegionServerWithRetries'
        from org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java:632:in `getRow'

issuing 'scan' command of the table just hangs.

Anyone has any idea where I should investigate? The hadoop
namenode/datanode logs and hbase master/regionserver logs all look
normal. My table scheme is very simple, single column, everything
running on the same dev box.

Thanks,