hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@audiencescience.com>
Subject RE: hbase & lucene
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 18:13:29 GMT
On a similar note, I have just created Lucene index from the column
names. That is, I modified the reduce part in IndexTableReduce.java just
a little bit. To do so, I had to modify BuildTableIndex.java too.

I also had to duplicate LuceneDocumentWrapper.java nad
IndexOutputFormat.java (due to its dependency on  LuceneDocumentWrapper)
because LuceneDocumentWrapper is not public.
Is there any chance it will be public in 0.20?

Thanks
-Yair

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
stack
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:42 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hbase & lucene

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Jamie Johnson <jej2003@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, I am looking into this perhaps my question should have been a
> little
> different though.
>
> If I am starting from scratch, nothing in the DB and want to keep a
Lucene
> index for information I add in hbase is there a way to build the index
on
> insertion instead of running a map reduce task after it has been
inserted?

You could study the experimental transactional hbase -- THBase -- and
its
derivative indexed hbase where here the indexed refers to upkeep of
secondary indices.  They are subclasses of hbase core.   They include
some
doc. on how to set them up in the javadoc.  See how an update is amended
both insert into an hbase table and to do another action all as part of
the
one insert operation.

St.Ack