hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problem in configuring hbase with hdfs
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 17:34:00 GMT
You should just subscribe to the mailing list and directly write to it
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/mailing_lists.html#Users ;)

If you can get, it means it works. You could also check if any
datanode is registered with the web ui at port 50070

60020 is the region server, is there anything wrong in the master log
or in the region server log?

Thx,

J-D

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Xudong Du <andy2005cst@gmail.com> wrote:
> J-D:
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.  I add "hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org" to
> "send to" of this email, so I think it will be seen by emaillist.
>
> I do find datanode's log file show that it does not work, but when i solve
> the datanode problem, the hbase still does not work.
>
> is hadoop dir, I run bin/hadoop -put and -get , it works well, does this
> mean the dfs is ok?
> but when i run hbase shell, when i user command: list, it still does not
> work, but to show:
>
> hbase(main):001:0> list
> 09/05/28 01:18:23 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:24 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 not
> available yet, Zzzzz...
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 could not be
> reached after 1 tries, giving up.
> 09/05/28 01:18:26 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:27 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 not
> available yet, Zzzzz...
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 could not be
> reached after 1 tries, giving up.
> andy2005cst@xmlgroup-desktop:~/working-system/hbase-0.19.2$ HBase Shell;
> enter 'help<RETURN>' for list of supported commands.
> Version: 0.19.2, r771918, Tue May  5 16:08:54 PDT 2009
> hbase(main):001:0> list
> 09/05/28 01:18:23 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:24 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 not
> available yet, Zzzzz...
> 09/05/28 01:18:25 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 could not be
> reached after 1 tries, giving up.
> 09/05/28 01:18:26 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 0 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:27 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 1 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HBaseClass: Retrying connect to server: /
> 127.0.0.1:60020. Already tried 2 time(s).
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 not
> available yet, Zzzzz...
> 09/05/28 01:18:28 INFO ipc.HbaseRPC: Server at /127.0.0.1:60020 could not be
> reached after 1 tries, giving up.
>
>
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Xudong Du,
>>
>> While I appreciate answering HBase questions, I prefer to do that on
>> the HBase users mailing list for everyone's benefit.
>>
>> Your problem seems to be that the HDFS Namenode is running but you
>> don't have any datanode, so the file was created in the namespace but
>> you can't read it. Make sure your HDFS is ok before running HBase.
>> BTW, that's the same resolution I gave later in the thread you pasted
>> in your mail (March 18).
>>
>> I hope this solves your problem,
>>
>> J-D
>>
>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Xudong Du <andy2005cst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > J.D:
>> >
>> > Hi. I come across a problem the same as what is mentioned here:
>> >
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-hbase-user/200903.mbox/%3C31a243e70903170456r7ad382c6j6c4624ccfc3333bc@mail.gmail.com%3E
>> >
>> > and i find out the log file, it showes below:
>> >
>> > 2009-05-27 11:21:55,824 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.hbase.
>> > master.HMaster: Not starting HMaster because:
>> > java.io.EOFException
>> >         at
>> > java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:323)
>> >         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:572)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getVersion(FSUtils.java:101)
>> >         at
>> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:120)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:212)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
>> >         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> > Method)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> >         at
>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1017)
>> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
>> > 2009-05-27 11:21:55,825 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Can
>> > not start master
>> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> >         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> > Method)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> >         at
>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1017)
>> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
>> > Caused by: java.io.EOFException
>> >         at
>> > java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:323)
>> >         at
>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1017)
>> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
>> > 2009-05-27 11:21:55,825 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster: Can
>> > not start master
>> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>> >         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> > Method)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
>> >         at
>> >
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>> >         at
>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:1017)
>> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1057)
>> > Caused by: java.io.EOFException
>> >         at
>> > java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:323)
>> >         at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:572)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.getVersion(FSUtils.java:101)
>> >         at
>> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.FSUtils.checkVersion(FSUtils.java:120)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:212)
>> >         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:156)
>> >         ... 6 more
>> >
>> >
>> > how to solve it? looking forward your reply.
>> >
>> >
>> > Andy
>> >
>> > --
>> > Yours Sincerely
>> > Xudong Du
>> > Zijing 2# 305A
>> > Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 100084
>> >
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Yours Sincerely
> Xudong Du
> Zijing 2# 305A
> Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 100084
>

Mime
View raw message