hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alexandra Alecu <alexandra.al...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase 0.19.2 - Large import results in heavily unbalanced hadoop DFS
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 22:44:29 GMT

Thank you very much for your answers.

Andrew Purtell-2 wrote:

> I notice the same behavior, both with uneven block placement, and errors
> running the balancer. DFS will wait to do the deletions until some time
> when the cluster is lightly loaded. I believe there is a config setting
> which can alter that behavior, but I do not recall it offhand. Regarding
> balancer errors, when I see this I restart and that clears the problem. I
> wonder if it is some bug, but have not had time to dig in.

Andy, I checked the hadoop available config settings and I was wondering if
the right setting I need to change for this is fs.trash.interval. I was
thinking to set it to something like 10 min for the import only and then
return to the default. What are your recommendations for this ?

Thanks,
Alexandra.