hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Puri, Aseem" <Aseem.P...@Honeywell.com>
Subject Data not stored in lexicographical order exactly in HBase
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:14:21 GMT
Hi

            I am a new HBase user. I have a small table in which I am
inserting some data. My row key increases as I insert data. Data is
stored properly in HBase in lexicographical order. But if I stop the
HBase server and start it again and insert data, data don't append at
last. It inserted at the starting of previous data or append in between
of the previous data. For example some region server shows me the stat
and end key as AAA140000 to AAA2000.

My "hbase.hregion.memcache.flush.size" property has value 1 MB and
"hbase.hregion.max.filesize" property has value 2 MB. I use such small
size to analyze the behavior of HBase deeply.

Can anyone please tell me why it is showing such behavior?

Thanks & Regards

Aseem Puri