hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vijay <vijay2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Analytical function
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:21:51 GMT
Hi,
What is MR? I am trying to read the logs which is collected from the chukwa
and parse and store all the logs into the Hbase table.... and when the user
is trying to see the data i will just do a agreegation function which will
be using the map/reduce framework.... i was thinking of putting back
the aggregated data into the memcached so the later queries doesnt need to
go to hbase even.....

But the question is that..... do we have any framework where i can create my
own agreegation function which will run on the map reduce job when it is
fetching the data.... as u know it will be more faster ?

If i dont have alternative then i was thinking of using the hbase to return
me the result later i will use a map reduce kick another processing.....

Any advice will be helpfull.... i am new to hbase and still trying to learn
it....

Regards,
</VJ>